How To Stop Caring What People Think of you
What we will cover: 8 ways to stop Worrying About what other People Thinks and 5 Powerful Mental Shift to Stop Worrying About What.
Eleanor Roosevelt said ‘No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.’
In simple words, when you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless and you have got to stop caring about what people think of you. Cause that clearly doesn’t matter.
Have you ever noticed a lotus?
To blossom, the lotus flower must grow through the mud and dirty pond water. But it blooms anyway.
Though conditions are tough in terms of murky water, the lotus heeds sun each morning.
It breaks the surface of the water and blooms untouched by the mud; each petal remains clean and pure.
At night, it closes again only to bloom to its fullest capacity in the morning.
It doesn’t wait to seen or noticed. Or ask for someone’s permission or seek anyone’s approval or deny itself just because someone thinks it is not the best lotus ever. It just blooms. And looks the most radiant self.
Then why do we get so caught up in the myriad of thoughts of others and self-doubt ourselves? Why do we have to give so value to other people’s opinions??? No, you don’t have to and it’s time to stop caring what people think of you.
“If you want to leave your footprints in the sands of time, do not drag your feet.” These are one of the most enduring lines that still lay etched in my memory.
I have read this book called ‘Wings of fire’ sometime back, and I don’t remember when, but surely the essence remains with me.
And as I hear the news of Sushant Singh’s suicide, the sudden and sad demise of a brilliant actor full of potential, I feel that talent went away WITHOUT reaching its full glory.
Yes, the brilliant actor was full of potential and would have reached the pinnacles soon.
May his soul rest in peace. But we all are gripped in weird feelings if we think what might have happened for him to take such a step?
Yes, life is harsh sometimes. There are trying times. There are fun times. And there are those fleeting thoughts that grip us sometimes.
What drives some people to strive forward despite facing all sorts of challenges?
Somehow if you have come across such anxiety or looking for some motivation, then this series of books will walk you through such time:
- Daily Workout
- Stop Caring What Others Think: How to Stop Worrying About What People Think of You
- Can’t Hurt Me
- Live your dreams– best seller book
According to the National Mental Health survey, one in 20 Indians suffers from depression and India has the highest suicide rate in South East Asia. In fact, as per recent data by the World Health Organization, India is the most depressed country in the world.
How has this happened? What could be the reason behind it?? Is it because people can’t stop caring what people think????
We tend to be sorted as far as physical fitness is concerned, we know what to do. Go to the gym, have a fitness trainer, a diet plan, and you are done.
Education- we are the brainpower of the world as the best brains get trained at the best universities and then help the biggest conglomerates of the world reach even higher pinnacles.
Then how did we forget to dig deep inside? Why people can not stop caring what people think of them…what is it so???
Why don’t we have an anchor point within us to ‘hold it together when those negative thoughts come as a dense cloud?
Stop caring what other people think.
When you are moving along your ‘real path’ and working on your willpower and you start discussing where you wish to be, there are going to be naysayers, haters and non-believers, and a lot more.
On the path, there is going to be an internal struggle but the key is to not take it as a struggle but your inner calling to make yourself come out of your shell. If you succumb to this “struggle” you will stop.
But if you just stop discounting yourself and let yourself shine….the world will open up to you eventually and you’ll not even care and stop caring what people think about that as well. In fact, nothing would really matter as long as you believe in yourself.
Let your real self be and know how to Atop Giving F*uck What People Think.
When you master this art on How to Stop Worrying What Other People Think of You or Stop Caring what people think, you’ll rule the world….you would be unstoppable!!
Let yourself ‘be’.
I say that twice just so that you savor the sweetness in this statement. The ease and the peace…when you let yourself be.
Stay there for a couple of minutes and see how things change for you.
The more you become aware of who you are and you let yourself momentarily out, some will revel in the new you.
But some will not. They will want you to be the meek mediocre person they always knew and that’s where you need to stop caring what People Think of You.
Maybe it is because of their inability to understand who you really are or their competitive streak or simply that comfort zone…whatever…it is not important.
What other people think of you is none of your business. Just revel in your new you and try these 3 ways to not care what others think of you.
So, what should you do? What should be the best ways to Stop Caring what people think??
- Embrace the new you. The very first step about not caring what people think is to find solace in your own company. Take yourself out or remain indoors but pamper your soul and you might be surprised how your soul will set you on fire. As long as you’re not being offensive or has stop caring or harming anyone in the process, you should do what makes you feel good — not what you think will impress the hip crowd at your college or do things to impress at work.
- Don’t Judge them on judging you. Yes, you read it right. You should continue to follow your path and not care how others may perceive you. Because you don’t know their story, their backgrounds, and their struggles…from where they are deriving conclusions… So never jumping to a conclusion without the proper acknowledgment of any situation is another name of ” stop caring what people think of you”.
So you don’t need to judge them on judging you. Eventually, stop caring anyways.
How cool is that?
It’s an instant feeling of freedom…savor it.
- Don’t do things to impress others. Don’t do things just so that someone is going to praise you cause you need to stop caring right away. Just revel in the amazing job you have done and seek appreciation from that universal power, whosoever you believe in. Because they would appreciate you and give you solidarity, no matter what. People’s appraisal or criticism of you comes from their state of mind. And you don’t have control over their state of mind. Do you?
So don’t do things to impress others or things that will get you results. You really need to stop caring what people think and believe. Do things that will add value to your life or others’.
- Add Value through whatever you do.
Businesses always thrive when they are adding value to their audience. Yes, they are making profits in the process, and yes the intention is to thrive but on what terms? and why did they stop caring about it? It is only and always about money? By adding value to others.
- DO things to genuinely create value.
I mean how awesome would it be if you happen to be part of a project and the deliverables just got better because you added your touch to it, maybe by delivering more than what they expected, or a better version and the overall ROI improved for them. How cool would be that!
- Don’t vie for attention. Because if you compete for attention, be willing to do anything and everything to get that, you almost never gain respect in the other person’s eye, and also you tend to lose respect for yourself in the process. You don’t need to be best friends with everyone or spend hours complementing or sucking up to everyone you see so that people want to be around you. If it happens you should know when and where to stop caring. You really don’t need to give a F**k about it.
- Revel in your own company: We are often too scared of this subconscious fear of loneliness. And then we out of the way to be friends with someone.
- People’s opinions don’t matter: If someone makes fun of your clothes or something you like to do, don’t let them bring you down. If you stop wearing a certain outfit because you got picked on, you’re just giving in. Take inspiration from our Bollywood actresses especially the ones that have got picked on more so…for instance Vidya Balan but has it made her not give her 100% to her acting?
She knows her craft and demonstrates that even in the slightest piece of acting.
- You don’t have to be consumed by hate, jealousy, and bitterness. It would reflect in your overall aura. Try to keep your soul clean of any and all such feelings. Because it is like holding a smoldering piece of something in your hand before you throw it off on the person who insulted you. But in the process, did you realize you held that piece in your hand for long and burnt your own palm in the process?
- Never give your power away. If anyone says that what you are vying for is an impossible feat, and you give it up because he said so or she said so, then you have given your power away.
You need to own what you are all about. I am talking about you, you as a person. Your values and your dreams because together they take you on the path that you wish to go on.
You might immediately think what if your parents or spouse or someone special has an opinion about what you do…
It is okay for people to voice their opinions or to ask the people you care about for their opinions but it is not okay to ask your friends and family to validate everything you do or everything you’re thinking of doing.
They don’t know you, how much you have tried to shed your fears, your inhibitions, and how you are mustering up courage every single day to come out of your comfort zone and follow your path.
Just connect with that power and let him guide you.
There’s so much we cannot control, but knowing that is empowerment. I hope you’ll consider these 6 tips for mental fitness and not caring what people think of you:
- By embracing your true self, you become a better version of yourself already.
- By showing courage in adversity, you show to yourself that you are a go-getter.
- By reveling in your own beauty, you look and become more confident of yourself and that showcases the world around you.
- By showing strength in the face of a challenge, you show to yourself what you are made up of. What your values are and what you are willing to stand up for. And that in a way boosts your inner self. When your self-talk, you do realize you are made of steel just because you did not give in to the situation and held your own guard.
- By accepting your mistakes and shortcomings you accept that you are only human. You can strive for so many things and so much more but you are accepting of yourself, your strengths, and your weaknesses and that’s ok with you. How liberating is that!
- By ‘being happy’ in any and all situations and I mean an ‘inwardly happy state’ you show that you are stable in all situations. Nothing and no one can move you from your ‘happy place.
Do you have a favorite strategy you use to stay sharp? Share yours in the comments!!
If you enjoyed this blog, check out these blogs as well: